[Bitcoin-development] Suggestion: easy way to restore wallet.dat backup

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 19:59:10 UTC 2013

	I posted this on bitcoin-user, but nobody replied, so I'm
trying here.

	Today, when a user uses bitcoin-qt client, it can make a backup
of wallet.dat easily through menu, but when he/she needs to restore
this backup, he/she must copy the file to the correct folder and
execute "bitcoin-qt -rescan".

	My suggestion: bitcoin-qt developers could implement an easier
way to restore. For example: a option in the File menu "Restore Wallet"
or "Recover Wallet" where it would show a dialog asking for the backup
file and everything would be done automatically (no need to do it
manually).

	If we want everybody to use bitcoin, these operations should
be as easy as possible.

	What do you think?

--
Linux 3.12.0: One Giant Leap for Frogkind
http://www.youtube.com/DanielFragaBR