[Bitcoin-development] Move authorative source for BIPs to git repository

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 14:38:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Luke-Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 05, 2013 1:37:10 PM Wladimir wrote:
>

> I think this would stifle active BIP draft editing. We're already having a
> hard time getting some developers to write BIPs for their proposals - I
> don't
> think we should be putting up bigger hurdles.

How is github a hurdle?

It's easy enough to create a fork and submit back the changes as a pull
request.

In the case of text documents, this can be completely done through the web
interface.

If anything creating a github account is a smaller hurdle than having to
pay to create a wiki account and wait for it to be activated.

Aside: my proposal is for the BIPs that are already accepted, and should
not be edited without dicussion. If people want to put their drafts in the
wiki that's a different story.

Regards,
Wladimir