[Bitcoin-development] Dedicated server for bitcoin.org, your thoughts?

Drak drak at zikula.org
Sun Dec 8 20:51:07 UTC 2013

On 8 December 2013 20:40, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> > Right now I think Sirius still owns DNS for bitcoin.org which is
> nonsense.
> > He needs to pass it on to someone who is actually still involved with the
> > project. Again, the most obvious neutral candidate would be the
> Foundation.
>
> I am opposed to Bitcoin Foundation having control of Bitcoin.org, and
> I think it would be foolish of the foundation to accept it were it
> offered.

What do you suggest though? We will need to trust someone (even in a group
each person can act autonomously).
The only thing I can suggest would be to hand the keys to the bitcoin
project lead.

Otherwise, who has admin rights to the code projects
(github/sourceforge/this mailing list)? Those people have proven they can
be trusted so far.

Drak