[Bitcoin-development] 0.8.6 release candidate 1

Drak drak at zikula.org
Mon Dec 9 15:19:05 UTC 2013

On 9 December 2013 15:07, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM, Drak <drak at zikula.org> wrote:
> > It was released and it's all over bitcointalk/reddit
>
> It has not been released. It's queued for announcement. We were
> waiting for another independant gitian build before sending out the
> announcement.

Why would it be made available for download at sourceforge.net if it's not
actually released? The files are available here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.8.6/ and
people watch the sf rss feeds etc...
Seems to me like there needs to be a better release workflow. As far as the
world is concerned, they are downloading the 0.8.6 and there is a lot of
community buzz about it already.
IMO, to avoid that, no files should be placed online unless they are the
official release.

Drak