[Bitcoin-development] Fees UI warning

Drak drak at zikula.org
Mon Dec 16 11:08:56 UTC 2013

Jim,

It's great to see the many ways wallet authors try to protect users from
easy to make mistakes, especially against losing funds.

But this issues isn't confined to custom transaction - some wallet
implementations have a fee field and almost all wallets allow the fee rate
to be configured in preferences. Sanity checking is sensible where a user
can override the calculated fee. Some wallets don't allow the fee to be
adjusted at all, but quite a few do.

Drak