[Bitcoin-development] Fees UI warning

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 11:37:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Jim <jim618 at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> For the HD version of MultiBit we are removing the import
> of individual private keys entirely and only supporting HD
> addresses, primarily for safety reasons.

I'd love to have the same in Bitcoin-Qt as well. Too many sob stories about
people with outdated backups that lost part or all of their coins. These
are much more common than fee messups.

What we should really do is:

- Use deterministic wallets. Making regular backups becomes optional (to
retain label and transaction data and such) instead of mandatory.

- Don't support importing private keys. Replace the importing of private
keys by a "sweep" function.

Wladimir