[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin difficulty sanity check suggestion

Ryan Carboni ryan.jc.pc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 01:51:41 UTC 2013

I think you misunderstood my statement. If time > 3 days, and after 4
blocks have been mined, then difficulty would be reset.

In theory, one would have to isolate roughly one percent of the Bitcoin
network's hashing power to do so. Which would indicate an attack by a state
actor as opposed to anything else. Arguably, the safest way to run Bitcoin
is through a proprietary dial-up network.