[Bitcoin-development] Access to Mempool

Jeremy Spilman jeremy at taplink.co
Sat Dec 28 07:29:52 UTC 2013

I was reading there are some commands to access a peer's mempool state.
The purpose being to allow miners to recover faster after a reboot, I
think?

Reading peer mempool definitely allows recovering faster after a reboot.
So does persisting mempool in a database locally. But what can you learn
about a node from its mempool? Basically, are there distinguishing
features in the mempool, or could there be?

Are there transactions you can receive which go into your own mempool but
which you don't forward? How about 'nLockTime' transactions?

Is this new feature off by default? Which clients support it?

By the way, are there recommended places to go to compare features
implemented by different wallet software?

Sorry, so many questions...