[Bitcoin-development] Testnet DNS seed

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at exmulti.com
Sat Jan 26 02:23:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:
> Everything is running on a dedicated Amazon EC2 micro instance. Just
> IPv4 is supported right now as EC2 doesn't support IPv6; even tunnels
> are broken. I also haven't setup tor yet. I can do both if there is
> demand.

How long do you plan to run this?  Indefinitely [presuming there is
interest and users]?

> I guess the next step is to create a new strTestNetDNSSeed in the
> satoshi client, although it'd be better if at least one more person had

No objection

> a testnet seed to include in the list. Probably best to leave IRC
> enabled too.

Yes, IRC must remain enabled

> Also, FWIW, it looks like the pnSeed list is way out of date...

Yes.  Usually nanotube does the update when poked.  That can happen,
or something different.

A nice alternative might be a simple script that transforms Pieter's
seeds.txt into pnSeed[]

--
Jeff Garzik
exMULTI, Inc.