[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: MultiBit as default desktop client on bitcoin.org

Robert Backhaus robbak at robbak.com
Tue Jul 9 00:22:38 UTC 2013

But... Multibit is Java. Java's security problems has made it an instant
uninstall item on windows PCs for about a year now. Java exploits are a
dime a dozen.

Yes, you can reduce some of the problems by manually disabling the browser
plugin, but how many users will do that?

Recommending a fast SPV client as a first wallet - yes, of course.
Recommending users open such a huge attack interface on their computers by
installing Java - No go. Until Multibit is provided as a compiled binary
without a Java dependency, it is DOA.