[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: MultiBit as default desktop client on bitcoin.org

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Tue Jul 9 10:36:16 UTC 2013

Modern Java versions let you bundle the app with a stripped down JVM. I
don't know if Jim does that, but I think it's an obvious step towards
making MultiBit friendlier and easier to use.

BTW I believe most secure browsers (Chrome, Firefox) have banned the applet
plugin or severely restrained it anyway. So even if you install the JVM and
plugin together there is not an issue.