[Bitcoin-development] libzerocoin released, what about a zerocoin-only alt-coin with either-or mining

Jorge Timón jtimon at monetize.io
Sun Jul 14 11:18:37 UTC 2013

I was talking about bi-directional sacrifice.
If zerocoin has it, I want the same on top of freicoin so that btc/frc
can be traded p2p.
Why zerocoin and not the 20 other altchains are going to ask for it?
Ripplers will want it too, why not?

All the arguments in favor of this pegging use zerocoin's point of
view. Sure it would be much better for it, but are additional costs to
the bitcoin network and you cannot do it with every chain.

Merged mining is not mining the coin for free. The total reward (ie
btc + frc + nmc + dvc) should tend to equal the mining costs. But the
value comes from demand, not costs. So if people demand it more it
price will rise no matter how is mined. And if the price rises it will
make sense to spend more on mining.
"Bitcoins are worth because it costs to mine them" is a Marxian labor
thory of value argument.
It's the other way arround as Menger taught us.

--
Jorge Timón

http://freico.in/