[Bitcoin-development] SPV bitcoind? (was: Introducing BitcoinKit.framework)

Wendell w at grabhive.com
Tue Jul 16 14:16:23 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

In the previous thread, I expressed interest in seeing an SPV bitcoind, further stating that I would fund such work. Mike Hearn followed up with some of Satoshi's old code for this, which is now quite broken. The offer and interest on my side still stand, as more diversity in SPV options seems like the right way to go.

Time-permitting, I would really appreciate feedback from knowledgable parties about the possible approaches to an SPV bitcoind. We at Hive ideally want to see something that could one be merge into master, rather than a fork.

-wendell

grabhive.com | twitter.com/grabhive