[Bitcoin-development] Introducing BitcoinKit.framework

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Sun Jul 21 17:20:18 UTC 2013

Actually bitcoinj typically doesn't download all the headers (just from the
last checkpoint) and it throws away headers that are very old. By now
there's quite a lot of difference in how they manage things and I guess it
will diverge from bitcoind even more in future. For instance we're going to
start only storing relevant outputs in the wallet and doing other things to
try and save memory. Some people managed to get themselves wallets that
don't actually fit in ram :(