[Bitcoin-development] Linux packaging letter

Douglas Huff dhuff at jrbobdobbs.org
Wed Jul 24 01:45:11 UTC 2013

Honestly, until I read the quoted part of your response, I actually wasn't in favor of this whole thing since in general the types of issues being mentioned are, in large part, the types of issues that maintainers deal with all the time.

On Jul 23, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Scott Howard <showard314 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Response: Is there a way to "certify" the Debian libraries? Debian
> bitcoind/bitcoin-qt runs the compile test during all architectures.
> MIPS has been failing recently, but no one has looked into it yet.
> Perhaps it's not worth developers efforts yet, but at some point the
> technology should reach a point it can be redistributed.

The fact that you're even trying to package and/or at some point have packaged and shipped big endian binaries is straight up *NEGLIGENT.*

Stop that. Now. It won't work.

Thanks for showing that this *is* necessary, I guess.