[Bitcoin-development] Linux packaging letter

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at bitpay.com
Wed Jul 24 13:52:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> Yeah, if anyone wants to make the letter more digestable please do propose
> an alternative, although by this point it's probably not worth it as people
> have already signed.

I'm working on a more digestable alternative:
https://gist.github.com/jgarzik/6065679

Should be ready in another ~24 hours, as its obviously incomplete
right now.  Alas the publishing of the lame version (which yes, I did
ACK) didn't give me time to finish my version.

I worked on Fedora packaging while at Red Hat, so hopefully, I have a
bit of insight here.  Was also thinking about publishing this on
opensource.com.

--
Jeff Garzik
Senior Software Engineer and open source evangelist