[Bitcoin-development] BitMail - p2p Email 0.1. beta

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Tue Jul 30 08:40:45 UTC 2013

For people who are interested in such technologies, I recommend looking at
Pond:

https://pond.imperialviolet.org/

It is written by Adam Langley, so it comes with some serious credentials
behind it. It provides asynchronous email-like messaging that's forward
secure, resistant to traffic analysis and the whole thing runs over Tor.
Messages are stored for a week and are strictly limited in size. There's no
spam because nobody has an address - instead you have to grant someone the
ability to message you by giving them a small file. So, not really intended
as an email competitor convenience wise, but it has many interesting ideas
and a reasonable GUI.

As a testament to the seriousness with which Pond takes forward security,
it can use the NVRAM in a TPM chip to reliably destroy keys for data that
an SSD device might have otherwise made un-erasable.

The main downside - it's written in Go :)