[Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol: BIP 70, 71, 72

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 23:38:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM, E willbefull <ewillbefull at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's important to expect PaymentRequest-only bitcoin URIs in the
> future. Some types of payments (exotic transactions) may not make sense to
> have a single fallback address.

P2SH addresses already support all exotic transactions.

> Or, a page with a bitcoin URI link may be
> relying on a separate service provider to assemble the transaction.

Do you mean assemble the PaymentRequest message?  Because the payment
transaction will always be created by the customer's wallet software.

IF PaymentRequests take over the world and we get 100% wallet software
support, then I'd be happy to write another BIP that says that a
bitcoin: URI can be just bitcoin:?request=http...

Gavin Andresen