[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: soft-fork to make anyone-can-spend outputs unspendable for 100 blocks

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Sun Jun 2 06:13:27 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 10:32:07PM -0400, Gavin wrote:
> Feels like a new opcode might be better.
>
> Eg  <data> 100 OP_NOP1
>
> ... Where op_nop1 is redefined to be 'verify depth' ...

Good idea.

Either way, looks like complex announce-commit logic isn't needed and a
simple txout with one of a few possible forms will work.

I'd say we tell people to sacrifice to (provably) unspendable for now
and do a soft-fork later if there is real demand for this stuff in the
future.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
0000000000000092f448c7630e47584650efa7e27604161c0b5984d603d944ea