[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: soft-fork to make anyone-can-spend outputs unspendable for 100 blocks

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at bitpay.com
Tue Jun 4 18:49:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Roy Badami <roy at gnomon.org.uk> wrote:
>> Sure they are paying themselves, but given bitcoin network
>> difficulty is uso high, simply obtaining payments-go-myself-as-miner
>> transactions is itself difficult.
>
> Not for pool operators it isn't.  Nor for people buying hashing power
> from a GPUMAX-type service, if such services still exist (or should
> they exist again in future).

Re-read what I wrote.  That's perfectly OK.  It is analogous to a pool
operator receiving merged mined coins, each time they mine a bitcoin
block.

If you achieve the very high difficulty needed to create a valid
bitcoin block, you have achieved a very high bar.

--
Jeff Garzik
Senior Software Engineer and open source evangelist