[Bitcoin-development] is there a way to do bitcoin-staging?

Dennison Bertram dennison at dennisonbertram.com
Sat Jun 15 00:09:09 UTC 2013

It seems so much easier to just allow bitcoin testnet to be used more widely for larger scale bitcoin staging. People can assign value as they wish to testnet bitcoins but at their own risk/peril. This incremental amount of value though would allow for testing of larger ideas, ideas that perhaps might not be appropriate in their nascent stages to apply for bitcoin.

Have your seen 'proof of existence'? It's basically a bitcoin notary service that proves a document existed before it gets inserted into the blockchain. While a good idea- you could argue that it's blockchain spam as well- especially if one were to adapt it to high volumes in the future for notarizing permanently things like tweets (for example) or combining it with something like colored coins. These are great ideas, but maybe better suited to a proto bitcoin without needing to fashion a brand new coin.

Sent from my iPhone