[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: MultiBit as default desktop client on bitcoin.org

Gary Rowe g.rowe at froot.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 22:03:18 UTC 2013

Many people that I have introduced Bitcoin to have balked at the massive
blockchain download. When I showed them MultiBit (and Bitcoin Wallet) they
breathed a sigh of relief and got on with it.

A currency lives or dies by network effects. If we can provide the average
low-tech user with a great client experience right from the word go then we
can win them over quickly. Once that is accomplished then more techie users
will likely go on to use a full node which will continue to strengthen the
network overall.