[Bitcoin-development] Warning: many 0.7 nodes break on large number of tx/block; fork risk

Michael Gronager gronager at ceptacle.com
Tue Mar 12 12:27:32 UTC 2013

Well a reversed upgrade is an upgrade that went wrong ;)

Anyway, the incident makes it even more important for people to upgrade, well except, perhaps, for miners...

Forks are caused by rejection criteria, hence:
1. If you introduce new rejection criteria in an upgrade miners should upgrade _first_.
2. If you loosen some rejection criteria miners should upgrade _last_.
3. If you keep the same criteria assume 2.

/M