[Bitcoin-development] Warning: many 0.7 nodes break on large number of tx/block; fork risk

Jay F jayf at outlook.com
Tue Mar 12 12:40:59 UTC 2013

On 3/12/2013 5:18 AM, Jorge Timón wrote:
> A related question...some people mentioned yesterday on #bitcoin-dev
> that 0.5 appeared to be compatible with 0.8.
> Was that only for the "fatal block" and would have forked 0.8 later
> too or is it something else?
> I'm having a hard time understanding this 0.5 thing, if someone can
> bring some light to it I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance

It was reported that not all 0.7 died from the BDB error either. This
will likely take a post-mortem to determine exactly what build
environments and versions are incompatible, by feeding each the bloated
block (hopefully there are lots of snapshots of the bad chain being the
best height for testing; I forgot to get one).