[Bitcoin-development] 0.8.1 ideas

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Wed Mar 13 16:04:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 03:26:14PM +0000, Luke-Jr wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:18:36 PM Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:
> > > If we're going to consider doing this, at minimum we need to also
> >
> > I beg people to not derail discussion about fixing things with
> > discussion of other controversial changes.
>
> I figured 2 MB in 2-3 years was fairly uncontroversial.
> If not, let's scrap that idea for now.

The very statement that we're willing to increase the blocksize as our
solution to increased transaction volume rather go down the path of
off-chain transactions is incredibly controversial.

Fuck it, I'll make this public: I've had at least one person who went to
the trouble of finding my personal phone number just so they could leave
a few text messages saying I was going to do serious harm to Bitcoin. At
the same time I've also had a few people asking questions along the line
of had started and/or was considering starting a formal group opposing
the blocksize increase. I even got a significant anonymous donation a
few weeks ago. (rather fittingly this was done by emailing me an
easywallet URL from a throwaway account)

It's not just forum trolls who care about the issue, even if they make
the most noise about it.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org