[Bitcoin-development] [ANNOUNCE] bitcoin erlang daemon

Randy Willis willis.randy at ymail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:41:11 UTC 2013

Hello all!
For some time I was working on bitcoin daemon implementation in erlang.
Now it's in the early stage of development. I'm trying to implement protocol not looking into bitcoind source, but using specification from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki (found one bug so far), original paper and looking at the protocol messages which I get from peers.

My goal is to make scalable bitcoin daemon, capable of serving many thousands of peers on relatively low-end servers.
At current state it's capable of connecting and parsing messages from 3000+ peers on 256M RAM VPS without swap. It does not do much besides protocol parsing and peer discovery now, but it's only several days old. Chances are that it connected to your machine - check for /ebtcd:0.0.1/ user-agent in logs.
Short term pans: accept incoming connections, announce own address via addr message.
Mid term plans: add validation and routing (test on testnet), release source under open license (AGPL sounds good).
Long term: full-featured daemon.

P.S. In case someone wants to encourage me with some BTC, I set up donation adress:
1GVmS56pvVL7YZA7YqMBXmaDedCoputKuJ