[Bitcoin-development] Upcoming network event: block v2 lock-in

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sat Mar 23 17:09:05 UTC 2013

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 4:16:19 PM Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Users should not be impacted.  Some ancient miners will produce
> newly-invalid blocks (v1), that will get ignored.  The easy solution
> is to mine using a recent bitcoind (0.7 or later).  If you are a miner
> and need help upgrading to v2, ping us on #bitcoin-dev or
> bitcoin-development at lists.sourceforge.net.

I don't think anyone is mining using bitcoind 0.7 or later? Deepbit is the
only pool I know of using bitcoind at all, and it's based on 0.3.21 (or about
that)...

p2pool has supported v2 blocks since 2012 Aug 8.
Eloipool has supported v2 blocks since 2012 Sep 1.
slush's stratum server has supported v2 blocks since it was written.

I'm not aware of any other maintained open source poolservers.
At least PoolServerJ and ecoinpool are known to break when v2 blocks become
mandatory.