[Bitcoin-development] BIP21 bitcoin URIs and HTML5

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu May 2 12:53:38 UTC 2013

Chrome has whitelisted bitcoin: URIs for web apps, and Firefox it turns out
doesn't use whitelisting at all, so it already works there.

https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/14531004

I'm hoping this means web wallet developers won't be put off from
supporting the payment protocol (that risk is the reason I started this
work).

The next step is to file bugs against WebKit (for Safari/iOS/misc other
platforms), and IE, though I don't know if Microsoft uses open bug trackers
much.