[Bitcoin-development] An initial replace-by-fee implementation is now available

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Thu May 9 11:19:13 UTC 2013

In this thread discussing this idea

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179612.0

it is suggested that the approach risks making 0-confirm double-spends
easier.

I dont see why this should be.  Cant part of the validation of accepting a
fee revision be that every aspct of the revision except the reward must be
unchanged, otherwise the revision is considered invalid and discarded?

(ie same payment amount, same input coins, same recipient and same change
address.)

Adam