[Bitcoin-development] Service bits for pruned nodes

Ricardo Filipe ricardojdfilipe at gmail.com
Thu May 16 11:26:49 UTC 2013

We would only end up with few copies of the historic data if users
could choose what parts of the blockchain to store. Simply store
chunks randomly, according to users available space, and give priority
to the "N most recent" chunks to have more replicas in the network.

You don't need bittorrent specifically for a DHT, if publicity is a
problem. There are many DHT proposals and implementations, and i bet
one of them should be more suitable to the bitcoin network than
bittorrent's.