[Bitcoin-development] [ANN] High-speed Bitcoin Relay Network

Matt Corallo bitcoin-list at bluematt.me
Wed Nov 6 23:35:34 UTC 2013

No, the transactions relayed are piped through a bitcoind first (ie
fully verified by a bitcoind). For blocks, for which the timing needs to
be tighter, bitcoinj does SPV-validation. Though it is possible to
create a block which passes SPV validation but causes a DoS score, doing
so would cost a miner a full block's worth of profits, which they are
fairly unlikely to do. In any case, if it every becomes a problem, its
not hard to adapt addnode to allow higher DoS scores for individual nodes.

Matt