[Bitcoin-development] we can all relax now

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 04:56:56 UTC 2013

> P.S: If any large pools want to try this stuff out, give me a shout. You
> have my PGP key - confidentiality assured.

If I find out one of the large pools decides to run this 'experiment' on
the main network, I will make it my mission to tell people to switch to a
more responsible pool.

And if you think you can get away with driving up EVERYBODY's orphan rate
without anybody noticing, you should think again.

> P.P.S: If you're mining on a pool with more than, like, 1% hashing
> power, do the math on varience... Seriously, stop it and go mine on a
> smaller pool, or better yet, p2pool.

That I agree with.

Gavin Andresen