[Bitcoin-development] moving the default display to mbtc

Drak drak at zikula.org
Thu Nov 14 22:27:53 UTC 2013

Given the meteoric growth many are now saying we should just switch
straight to Satoshi (uBTC) because it looks like we will be seeing BTC
valued in the thousands pretty soon. Small decimal numbers are certainly
not very attractive to the masses. There's no point switching to mBTC only
to have to switch to uBTC later - especially when that later could be a lot
sooner.

Unless something is recommended/done by the bitcoin core developers I doubt
much will change at bitcoin user/consumer level.

Drak