[Bitcoin-development] moving the default display to mbtc

Tamas Blummer tamas at bitsofproof.com
Fri Nov 15 05:21:26 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff,

such a vote is up there since March:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149150.0

Votes are in favor of it.

Advantages are obvious:

1. having satoshi as 1/100 of the main unit is familiar to people like USD and cent
2. All existing financial software can deal/store big numbers but typically only 2 decimals.
3. Split could be linked with the introduction of the ISO code in one step.

Lets get it finally done.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:05:06 -0500 Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at bitpay.com> wrote:
> would suggest posting on all possible forums "proposal: switch to
>uBTC, labelled as ISO prefers (XBT?)" and see what sort of discussion
>is generated.  If the support is broad, it will be plain from the
>the best course, and we can make an easy change.
>
>But we need less "core dev fiat" not more :)
>
>--
>Jeff Garzik
>Senior Software Engineer and open source evangelist
>BitPay, Inc.      https://bitpay.com/

Regards,

Tamás Blummer
Founder, CEO