[Bitcoin-development] moving the default display to mbtc

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Fri Nov 15 09:59:59 UTC 2013

While we're discussing the emotive (though actually of real relevance for
bitcoin user comprehension and sentiment) I couldnt resisnt to add some
trivia reference it is amusing that a currency rarely in history had to
deflate (remove 0s) rather than inflate (add 0s).  Viz this hyperinflated
fifty trillion zimbabwe dollar note I carry in my wallet for bitcoin
contrast/amusement purposes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-TRILLION-ZIMBABWE-DOLLARS-CURRENCY-MONEY-US-SELLER-/110671104681

I like Alan's suggestion to show both to avoid denomination confusion.  That
is the one danger, and high risk given irrevocability.

Adam