[Bitcoin-development] Network propagation speeds

Michael Gronager gronager at ceptacle.com
Mon Nov 25 08:51:47 UTC 2013

Hi Christian,

Cool - thanks for posting - agree, that it would be nice to normalize
the results with block size - so divide by size and:
1. see if there is a correlation (we all presume there still is)
2. plot the delay graph as e.g. normalized to the averaged blocksize or
lets define a "standard block size" of 200kb or what ever so we can
compare the plot btw days.

Also, does the correlation of propagation times hold for transaction
sizes as well (would be ice to find the logical t0 and the constant - I
guess the interesting measure is not kb but signatures, so number of
inputs - some correlation with size though).

Best,

Michael