[Bitcoin-development] A critique of bitcoin open source community

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 23:20:59 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Luke-Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> See BIP 1 for the process.. proposals go to this mailing list first.

FWIW, he did post to the mailing list and he got an underwhelming response:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20ec1e35-3051-45d6-b449-e4a4d5c06dc8%40me.com&forum_name=bitcoin-development

When I responded to him on BCT I said "I was about to suggest you hit
the mailing list for some initial comments first— but I see you've
done that. I'll issue a number in a couple days once there has been a
little chance for some discussion.".

Since much discussion didn't materialize I went and gave it a
technical once over, posting to the forum.  In hindsight, I probably
should have also posted my review to the mailing list, which might
have served to restart some additional discussion.