[Bitcoin-development] Revisiting the BIPS process, a proposal

Benjamin Cordes benjamin.l.cordes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:59:26 UTC 2013

I believe a better solution would to use a github clone such as gitlab,
which sits on top of the git repo, and allows for custom code around the
BIP process. Potentially one could even build Bitcoin into such a BIP
system. If somebody wants to support a BIP he donates Bitcoins to that
proposal. Somebody who actually implements the BIP can receive some percent
of the bounty, while some percentage goes to the Bitcoin foundation. Via
such a platform one could create assurance contracts to kickstart BIP
developments or Bitcoin extensions (public infrastructure which is not part
of the core, such as opensourced exchanges).