[Bitcoin-development] Revisiting the BIPS process, a proposal

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Tue Oct 22 06:39:51 UTC 2013

On 21/10/13 21:47, Luke-Jr wrote:
> On Monday, October 21, 2013 7:38:37 PM Jean-Paul Kogelman wrote:
>> 1) Should the protocol specification page also be codified into BIP(s)?
>
> Probably wouldn't hurt, but it'd likely need a rewrite in a more modular and
> formal form.

I wanted to have a look at how the whole Bitcoin thing works recently.
Being a distributed application, I've searched for the protocol spec.
What I found were two wiki pages (Protocol & ProtocolRules) that looked
more like notes someone wrote down while implementing the application.

Have I missed something? Is there any effort underway trying to produce
a decent spec? If not so, I am willing to help with that.

Martin