[Bitcoin-development] Payment protocol for onion URLs.

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 03:55:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

This would give us an fully supported option which is completely CA
> free... it would only work for tor sites, but the people concerned
> about CA trechery are likely to want to use tor in any case.
>
> Thoughts?

I think a tiny number of people would use it, so from a purely engineering
priority perspective my initial reaction is "not worth it."

However, as a demonstration of the flexibility of the payment protocol and
because it is a really nifty idea that will give lots of people warm
fuzzies I think you should do it and we should pull it.

Gavin Andresen