[Bitcoin-development] Feedback requested: "reject" p2p message

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Sun Oct 27 14:50:37 UTC 2013

These nodes are much more likely to just be broken than malicious, but
without any way to diagnose why they are dropping a transaction it's hard
to find out what's really going on.

Anyway, yes, I need to spend time adding timeouts and all kinds of other
things, although of course if the transactions are being rejected due to a
change in network rules that won't help either - if the nodes you're
connected to are silently eating your transaction, there's no sane UI that
can result from that without more explicit error handling.