[Bitcoin-development] Feedback requested: "reject" p2p message

kjj bitcoin-devel at jerviss.org
Mon Oct 28 02:52:58 UTC 2013

Any reason not to use actual HTTP codes?  I'm not aware of any major
deficiency in them.  Most of them won't apply to us, which is fine, they
don't seem to apply to HTTP either.  We can extend the scheme on our own
if we find a good reason to.

That implies 16 bits, or a varint.  I would avoid a string or varstring
here; we already have a text field.  Varint vs. 16 bits is a minor
issue, and arguments can be made in both directions.  I flipped a coin
and got heads, so I'll say varint.