[Bitcoin-development] Proposal to replace BIP0039

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Thu Oct 31 11:07:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:41:27AM +0100, slush wrote:
> To be specific, we (in cooperation with / inspired by Timo Hanke) developed
> method how to prove that the seed generated by Trezor has been created
> using combination of computer-provided entropy and device-provided entropy,
> without leaking full private information to other computer, just because we
> want Trezor to be blackbox-testable and fully deterministic (seed
> generation is currently the only operation which uses any source of RNG).

I just wanted to say the fact that you're making key generation
auditable, and using deterministic signatures, is a clear sign that you
guys know what you're doing. Hearing this makes me a lot more confident
that the Trezor will prove to be a secure way to store my Bitcoins and
my pre-order will prove to be money well spent.

Kudos!

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000784d399e7c1d1e8f2fc953c6939b115699a1ee05029a59bc9