[Bitcoin-development] Faster databases than LevelDB

Mark Friedenbach mark at monetize.io
Tue Sep 17 17:08:54 UTC 2013

Also somewhat related, I have been looking for some time now to
abstract out the UTXO and block databases so that a variety of
key/value stores could be used as a backend, configured by a command
line parameter. In particular, it would be interesting for some server
applications to support HyperDex, which is basically a distributed,
fault-tolerant version of LevelDB:

http://hyperdex.org/

By the same mechanism you could just as easily support a Sophia backend.

Mark