[Bitcoin-development] bitcoind stops responding

slush slush at centrum.cz
Mon Sep 30 20:44:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

during several weeks I'm observing more and more frequent issues with
bitcoind. The problem is that bitcoind stops responding to RPC calls, but
there's no other suspicious activity in bitcoind log, CPU usage is low,
disk I/O is standard etc.

I observed this problem with version 0.8.2, but it is still happening with
0.8.5. Originally this happen just one or twice per day. Today my
monitoring scripts restarted bitcoind more than 30x, which sounds alarming.
This happen on various backends, so it isn't a problem of one specific
node. Is there anybody else who's observing similar problem?

Thanks,
slush