[Bitcoin-development] Finite monetary supply for Bitcoin

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:47:34 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Pieter Wuille <pieter.wuille at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case there are no further objections (excluding from people who
> disagree with me), I'd like to request a BIP number for this. Any
> number is fine, I guess, as long as it's finite.

With ten people commenting on this proposal there are quite a few ways
in which you could partition their views. Only one possible integer
partitioning has everyone in the same partition, so consensus seems
unlikely.

But owing to a rather large bribe (or at least not less large than any
other offered by competing parties) I hereby assign BIP 42 for this
proposal.