[Bitcoin-development] Why are we bleeding nodes?

Tom Harding tomh at thinlink.com
Mon Apr 7 14:45:33 UTC 2014

On 4/7/2014 7:05 AM, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Some days I wonder if Bitcoin will be killed off by people who just
> refuse to use it properly before it ever gets a chance to shine. The
> general public doesn't distinguish between "Bitcoin users" who deposit
> with a third party and the real Bitcoin users who don't.

A Mt-Gox-scale incident was inevitable and there are probably more hard
lessons in the future.  But it has made bitcoin much better already.
I'm referring to things like malleability fixes, cleaning house at the
foundation, and public education (hard as the lesson was).  A lot more
people than before understand the distinction you're making, and they
are sharing the lesson.