[Bitcoin-development] Why are we bleeding nodes?

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Mon Apr 7 17:40:17 UTC 2014

It uses ~no electricity, it's not like mining.

The primary resources it needs are disk space and bandwidth, after an
intensive initial day or two of building the database.

Actually, I wonder if we should start shipping (auditable) pre-baked
databases calculated up to the last checkpoint so people can download them
and boot up their node right away. Recalculating the entire thing from
scratch every time isn't sustainable in the long run anyway.