[Bitcoin-development] Why are we bleeding nodes?

Arne Brutschy abrutschy at xylon.de
Mon Apr 7 18:30:07 UTC 2014

> The bottleneck is not bulk disk space, but rather IOPS.

Exactly. I stopped running a full node on both of my desktops machines
in the last month. Both systems were simply becoming very noticeable
(=unbearably) sluggish. I am also running dedicated nodes, which are
fine, but on a desktop latency is a major issue (or, let's say,  a
different issue than on a server).

I didn't notice any network latency, but that's hard to judge as our
internet is pants anyway.

Arne

PS: my machines aren't the newest, but still do a stellar job (without
bitcoind running ;)