[Bitcoin-development] Draft BIP for seamless website authentication using Bitcoin address

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Tue Apr 8 08:13:59 UTC 2014

I'd be careful with swift generalisations. It depends a lot on the value of
your product. I didn't have any hangups about installing a plugin to use my
TREZOR:  compared to the cost and effort involved with the rest of it,
installing a plugin was by far the easiest part.

Another example. Back in 2005 people also used to say that nobody wanted to
download apps anymore. Then I started working on Google Earth, which got
~400 million installs. Obviously, that was cool enough that people were
willing to download and install a giant hulking ugly Qt app :)